Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A 'CRAZY', "D"lish Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole




  I love to collect chickens and I love to collect chicken recipes.  Looking for a 'crazy' fab chicken recipe?  Well here is a winner in our household, and will hopefully become one of your family favs also!




Take 6 chicken breasts, slice them up and boil for 20 minutes.


I


In a bowl Mix 3 packets of  crushed Ritz Crackers, 2 sticks of melted butter and 1 Tbs. Poppy Seeds.





Pour half of you cracker mixture in the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 pan.







Mix a can of cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, and 16 oz. of sour cream in a bowl!  Set aside.



Place the cooked chicken on top of the crumbs, and then pour your soup/sour cream mixture over top and smooth over chicken with a spatula.




Pour the rest of the cracker crumb mixture on top.  Pop into a 350 degree oven and cook for 45 minutes.





Pull from oven and sprinkle an 8 oz. bag of sharp cheddar cheese on top, then pop back into the oven for 5 more minutes.  And then...





I like to serve this over a bed of fluffy white rice.  The texture, the combination of tastes, the richness... so good.  And ideal dish for company, or just to make your family something 'crazy' special. Does this not look SO incredible?




Whip this dish up today!  
You, and your family will just love it!




Livin', Laughin' and Lovin' my Chicken!



Patti



2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to have time this week to enjoy cooking and sharing? Fun recipe~I'm sure it will appear on many dinner tables because of your post! Do you have Recipe Binder? This would be great to add, if you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do.... and you are so right.... how would you propose I add it? That is such a great idea.... I think I am doing a blog today on a dish, not sure which one though? anything I have talked about that you would like to see??? = ) xoxo

    ReplyDelete