Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My "CRAZY CUTE" Easter Place Cards..."CHEEP" and FUN!



I was so inspired by another crafter's Easter Place card!  I will start out by giving credit where credit is due!  Jennifer Hadfield shared this little beauty below!  
I mean~REALLY~ Jennifer's Place cards are the BOMB, 
and here is a link to her site! 
The pictures and all directions are on her blog!





I decided that I too needed to make some crafty, creative, crazy, little place cards, to mark each special individuals place, who would be sharing Easter Dinner with me!  But, not having the letterbox press tool that Jennifer was blessed to have, my creative, improvisational brain kicked into gear and here is what I came up with!


The great thing is that each place card cost me roughly only about $2.50 to make. I am going to share with you step by step, how I created my place cards, and give you a list of things needed to make these little cuties!  And then, I hope you are inspired to create something CRAZY FANTASTIC of your own for your Easter Dinner Table!



I headed off to Michael's Craft store with ONE thing in mind and came out with something all together different!  I am truly crazy that way.  I could not find a decent sized nest for a good price, so I checked out the 40% off Easter 'goodies aisle' and found these adorable little containers, marked down to $1.19 a piece!  An idea and a picture began to form in my mind.  Why not create the base of my place card from these containers?  YES!  I loved the idea.
I also purchased the little chicks you see in the box.  I got them for $1.19 making them about $.07 a piece in the place card.  The Reese's Peanut Butter Pastel Eggs were on sale, so I MIGHT have spent $.02 total on each place card. And the 'Easter' ribbon I got on sale for $.50~ I probably used about $.05 worth on each carton!  



The 'little' problem came with the Name markers Jennifer used, as I did not have the letterbox equipment, BUT!  I had a box of these fabulous little 'stock card' blocks, which  have different 'cut' edges. I purchased these at JoAnne Fabrics a few years ago.  I also had several plastic stencils which I purchased for clay work.  They are made by Making Clay, and purchased in the 'modeling clay' aisle at Michael's.  That stencil, combined with some acrylic paint, laid on top of the cards, gave me the look I was after... but, more on that later! = )  



HERE WE GO!
I took my 'crazy' cute little Easter Crates and removed the lid.  I placed some tissue paper in the crate to act as a filler.  I cut enough of the Easter ribbon to go around the container, and then hot glued the ribbon around the rim of the bottom half of the crate, as it was left bare after the lid was removed! (messy glue gun I know, but it has seen a lot of action!)




I then laid green decorative moss on top of the tissue.  This can be purchased at any craft store. Then with glue gun in hand, (I  look VERY dangerous- lol)  I glued the lid upright to the back section of the container, holding it in place until the hot glue had dried!


How Crazy Cute is THIS!


Onto the name tag!  I took one of my card stock squares, matching the color of the card stock to the color of the container.  I took some blue acrylic paint and applied the paint with a brush directly to the plastic stencil. 

I laid the stencil on top of the card stock square, and rubbed my fingers gently on top of the stencil so that the paint was applied directly to the paper. Next I  used a hair dryer to dry the paint. (you do not want your paint to smear~ so USE THE HAIR DRYER!)

  
With a smaller piece of white paper, I wrote the name of my guest with a sharpie, and glued it on the painted square.  I then attached a ribbon rose flower, with the hot glue gun, to the tag, and then hot glued a blue rhinestone to the center of the flower.  Next, I taped the tag to a green floral stem pick, and planted it firmly into the container.


And... the Name Tag!


And the final touches to be added!  Hot glue your little chick onto the moss and lay some of you pastel candy eggs on top, and you have a 'crazy cute' place card for your guests.  One great thing, you can reuse them next year, by making new name tags- if you have new guests! = )



A 'Crazy Cute' and 'CHEEP' idea to make your Easter Dinner just a little extra special...and make your guests feel a little extra special 
on such a SPECIAL HOLIDAY!

"Don't be alarmed,"he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, 
who was crucified. 
He has RISEN!  He is not here! ~ Mark 16:6



I Hope you will give this a try!  I had too much fun making these, and I know each place card will be expressing the love I have for each and every special person who will be surrounding my dinner table to celebrate Easter with me!

Living, Laughing, and Loving my "CRAZY CREATING",


Patti

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patti Happy Easter to you and what wonderful placesettings. We don't have a formal dinner on Easter Sunday but I hope you enjoy yours.

    I have posted my Easter tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey, Happy Easter to you a day late... I hope you had a wonderful day! We certainly did as you will see if you look at me "Easter Day" blog! = )
    I loved your latest post... and your Easter Tree... Look forward to your next blog! : )

    ReplyDelete